Tips to Become a Successful ProgrammerInterest is not enough to make programming successful. You have to be passionate, but constantly learn more and more about programming. Interest in programming is not enough to be successful - we work crazy.
Programming is a boundless profession, so in order to become a successful programmer you have to think beyond the limits stated. In the early stages of a programmer's career, they face many challenges and some of them give up, and only a few see the struggle, work hard and become a master in their field.
Steps to become a successful programmer
1. Learning new technologiesWhat we have learned and implemented is quickly becoming obsolete as technology is always changing. So, as a programmer, you need to refine and refine your skills accordingly. When new technology comes to market, it is usually accompanied by some processes and syntax changes, but the logic is the same so you can perceive it faster.
2. Debugging skillsProgrammers generate code, but when the software does not work as expected, the programmer can quickly and effectively root out the problem.
So, instead of making changes to all your code, document the correct flow when creating your program so that you can investigate your code as quickly as possible and diagnose the problem as quickly as possible. With proper documentation, you can quickly debug your program without wasting much time.
3. Problem-solving skillsWhen the average programmer gets a project / module, they start coding. But successful programmers try to find the root of the problem their code solves and tell their team leader or project leader. This is because sometimes we get some problems with the project after the project has been documented and the project has begun or it has been completed. So find it before the problem arises.
Also, find a way to solve the problem quickly.
4. Enthusiasm for work
Your working hours can be nine to five but when you have a passion for work, don’t go away after the work day is over. Keep working until your job is over. I'm not saying you should sit in frustration the whole day if you don't get relief, but if you are getting close, finish it.
Your manager or top person will appreciate your work, and your enthusiasm will increase when you find a better environment.
Also, do not sit idle when there is no work. Try building some new apps, such as a game, puzzle, chat app, etc., which will help you to get more interested in your work.
5. Grace under fireBecause of tight deadlines, programming can be a stressful career. And then we don't seem to be working on anything. The poor programmer just freezes up and stops working. But a good programmer can calmly handle a stressful situation and keep working.
6. Laziness… I mean efficiency!When there is not enough work and time to complete your project, only a lazy programmer will find the best and quickest solution to complete the project because they know how to work less and do more.
Ask a lazy person if you want to find a better way to do something; A lazy person is likely to find a better, quicker and more effective way to do it because a lazy person will always try to find a more effective way.
7. Ability to handle failureAs a programmer, you rarely have success on the first try, so failure is almost certain. So take this as a challenge, not as a sign of defeat. It is important to have patience and persistence to be successful in programming.
8. Itching for research
The programming language is a part of the image. A good and successful programmer always tries to make code that works for their employers and help them solve business problems. And, sometimes, you just need a little digging.
9. Teamwork mentality
Since you are a developer, you will always work with a team because with the help of team members such as designers, business staff, analysts and sales staff you can achieve the desired results very effectively.
10. Business orientationWorking as a programmer in an IT company is easy, but the ideal programmer always focuses on business goals. This will allow you to move beyond working on more up-to-date app ideas. Only a business focused programmer can suggest ideas for a new project that will improve efficiency and operations.
Let me know in comments which of these tips motivates you.